Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bitbucket server Development panel cache

Sergey Temchenko
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 19, 2015

Hello, my question is similar to issue, but it doesn't help me. We've just installed Bitbucket Server(4.1) to our JIRA(6.4), setuped Application links and everything seems fine, but now im working with repo, create branches, commit some changes, create pull requests and somehow Development panel in JIRA doesn't show actual information. It can update it in random way maybe in 30min, maybe later. What the hell is going on? Is it normal behaviour?

Thanks

2 answers

0 votes
Sergey Temchenko
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 23, 2015

Something is still wrong. In Developers tools we have correct integration with

• Create branches
  • View branches
  • Create and view pull requests
  • View commits

permissions. But Bitbucket still doesn't trigger event to JIRA to update data. When i have unsync data within JIRA task and click on that link, i get popup with correct information.

We've been checking out our logs but there're no errors abou failed events. Can we somehow determine on which step Bitbucked event gets failed?

And one more question. Should Bitbucket throws such events with "in box" mode or should we setup some triggers or events within JIRA side?

0 votes
gustavo_refosco
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 20, 2015

Hi Sergey,

When something is pushed to Bitbucket Server, an event is thrown in order to send the new information to JIRA and update the Development Panel.

JIRA also goes after new information every 30 minutes.

In case the events from Bitbucket to JIRA are failing, then you would get the behavior you're seeing, for which the data is updated only when JIRA goes after it. This could indicate a problem in the communication between the applications - maybe a problem with the Application Link.

Without knowing further about your environment, it's hard to troubleshoot this, but I'd like to link you to the Application Links Troubleshooting Guide. If necessary, you may also create a support request at  https://support.atlassian.com so this can be further investigated.

Regards,

Gustavo Refosco

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events