Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bitbucket self-hosted runner failing

ThankGod Busari May 30, 2022

When I try to launch my self-hosted runner using:

.\start.ps1 -accountUuid '{}' -repositoryUuid '{}' -runnerUuid '{}' -OAuthClientId  -OAuthClientSecret -workingDirectory '..\temp' with my secret token and ID provided. I get these errors:

Exception in thread "main" java.nio.file.InvalidPathException: Illegal char <"> at index 0: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Oracle\Java\javapath
at java.base/sun.nio.fs.WindowsPathParser.normalize(WindowsPathParser.java:182)
at java.base/sun.nio.fs.WindowsPathParser.parse(WindowsPathParser.java:153)
at java.base/sun.nio.fs.WindowsPathParser.parse(WindowsPathParser.java:77)
at java.base/sun.nio.fs.WindowsPath.parse(WindowsPath.java:92)
at java.base/sun.nio.fs.WindowsFileSystem.getPath(WindowsFileSystem.java:232)
at java.base/java.nio.file.Path.of(Path.java:147)
at com.atlassian.pipelines.runner.core.runtime.windows.WindowsRuntimeSetup.lambda$setup$0(WindowsRuntimeSetup.java:48)
at io.reactivex.internal.operators.completable.CompletableFromRunnable.subscribeActual(CompletableFromRunnable.java:36)
at io.reactivex.Completable.subscribe(Completable.java:2309)
at io.reactivex.internal.operators.mixed.CompletableAndThenObservable.subscribeActual(CompletableAndThenObservable.java:45)
at io.reactivex.Observable.subscribe(Observable.java:12284)
at io.reactivex.internal.operators.observable.ObservableFlatMapCompletableCompletable.subscribeActual(ObservableFlatMapCompletableCompletable.java:49)
at io.reactivex.Completable.subscribe(Completable.java:2309)
at io.reactivex.Completable.blockingAwait(Completable.java:1226)
at com.atlassian.pipelines.runner.core.ApplicationImpl.main(ApplicationImpl.java:55)
[2022-05-30 13:57:05,793] Updating runner state to "OFFLINE".

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Patrik S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 31, 2022

Hello @ThankGod Busari ,

Welcome to Atlassian Community! 

I tried to simulate the error in my own instance but the runner started successfully. In this case, could you please make sure you are using the latest version of the Windows Runners?

To make sure you are using the latest runner version, you can either create a new runner, so you will be provided with the updated link, or download/unzip it using the link below : 

# download the runner zip

Invoke-WebRequest -Uri https://product-downloads.atlassian.com/software/bitbucket/pipelines/atlassian-bitbucket-pipelines-runner-1.323.zip -OutFile .\atlassian-bitbucket-pipelines-runner.zip

# unzip the file
Expand-Archive .\atlassian-bitbucket-pipelines-runner.zip

cd .\atlassian-bitbucket-pipelines-runner\bin

Window runner version 1.323 is the latest version available by the time I write this message.

If you choose to download the above, you can use the same ./start.ps1 command you were using, but inside the newly downloaded runner folder, and check how it goes.

In case after downloading the latest version you are still facing the issue, could you please make sure your current environment meets all the prerequisites below to use Windows runners : 

More details about the prerequisites are outlined in the following documentation : 

Hope that helps! Let me know if you run into any issues or have further questions.

Thank you, @ThankGod Busari .

Kind regards,

Patrik S

ThankGod Busari June 3, 2022

Thank you @Patrik S , the error was because of my system variables path. I had to remove the conflicting path.  It's working now. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events