Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bitbucket refusing connections

Chuck Dombek October 17, 2019

Message displayed is:

The database, as currently configured, is not accessible.
Connection to cgslpliatdb01.centric.com:5432 refused. Check that the hostname and port are correct and that the postmaster is accepting TCP/IP connections.

Hostname is correct and I have checked the port 5432 which is open and listening for Postmaster for Postgres. Postgres is accessible via psql on the server. This is running on CentOS 6.10. Any thoughts would be appreciated. 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Christian Glockner
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 17, 2019

Hi Chuck,

How and where did you verify whether you can connect to Postgres?

I'd run telnet cgslpliatdb01.centric.com 5432 on the machine where Bitbucket Server is installed to check.

Cheers,

Christian

Premier Support Engineer

Atlassian

Christian

Thanks for the suggestion. When I try to telnet from a jump box to that port I get a timeout on telnet. If I ssh to the server I am able to connect to Postgresql as the postgres user with psql. Running a ps aux I see confluence and jira processes running but no bitbucket. any other thoughts would be helpful.

Thanks

Chuck

An update that is a bit alarming. We rebooted the server and everything came up correctly with no changes. We are running Bitbucket 5.10.1. I know we need to upgrade but has anyone ever encountered Bitbucket just halting like this with the database up and the ports open?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events