Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bitbucket prefilled command cheat sheet?

christok June 5, 2019

I am training a new team to use Bitbucket / Git. There have been a few times that I've stumbled upon a page in BB server that contains a bunch of git commands that are prefilled to work with the selected repository - a nice aid for beginners so they can just cut and paste into their command shell. However, I can't for the life of me find this page when I go looking for it. Any help?

(Note that this is different from the generic Git cheat sheet that BB offers: https://www.atlassian.com/git/tutorials/atlassian-git-cheatsheet)

1 answer

0 votes
Stephen Sifers
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 6, 2019

Hello Chris,

Outside of the tutorial you included, I am not aware of any other git command reference with pre-filled information (outside of the screen you see when setting up a new repo). There are additional resources to help with learning and referencing git which may be found here:

We can look further to see if something like a pre-filled reference exists, we do need to know if you’re on Bitbucket server (and the version) or Bitbucket cloud? We look forward to hearing back to see if we can find this reference.

Regards,
Stephen Sifers

christok June 13, 2019

Thank you for your comment and I'm sorry I am just getting back to you now.

Indeed, the page I was referring to is the one that is displayed upon creating a new repo. I blundered on to it again tonight and am glad to discover this wasn't just in my head.

I see now that this is just a one time display. If you're taking feature requests, I think a nice addition to help beginners out could be a page like this that is accessible from branch settings in Bitbucket. Bit I am sure you have bigger fish to fry.

We are on Bitbucket server. You have a very nice suite of products - thank you!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events