Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bitbucket plugin: dependency jira-rest-java-client-core raises org.osgi.framework.BundleException

Stephan Haertel December 4, 2017

Hi,

I'm trying to build a Bitbucket pre-receive hook plugin that checks Jira issue status before allowing 'git push'. I use the Jira REST API:

import com.atlassian.jira.rest.client.api.IssueRestClient;
import com.atlassian.jira.rest.client.api.JiraRestClient;
import com.atlassian.jira.rest.client.api.RestClientException;
import com.atlassian.jira.rest.client.api.domain.Issue;
import com.atlassian.jira.rest.client.internal.async.AsynchronousJiraRestClientFactory;
import com.atlassian.util.concurrent.Promise;

I have added the required dependency to my pom:

<dependency>
            <groupId>com.atlassian.jira</groupId>
            <artifactId>jira-rest-java-client-core</artifactId>
            <version>4.0.0</version>
            <scope>compile</scope>
        </dependency>

The package is not supplied by Bitbucket System Bundle, so scope is 'compile'.

My code compiles and works fine in a unit test, so the dependency seems to be correct basically.

But jira-rest-java-client-core brings ~45 transiently dependent packages with it and I have no idea which of them to either

• exclude from the depdency or
  • exclude from OSGI's <Import-Package> or
  • include as additional 'compile' scope dependencies.

No matter what combination of the above I try (believe me, I have tried beyond frustration) every time there is a different BundleException. I use 'atlas-debug' (or 'atlas-cli' and 'pi') to deploy my plugin to the local Tomcat and I always get something like this:

Caused by: org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Unresolved constraint in bundle com.rockwell.ssb.atlas.bitbucket.plugins.bitbucket-4.13.0-git-pre-tests [129]: Unable to resolve 129.0: missing requirement [129.0] osgi.wiring.package; (osgi.wiring.package=com.rockwell.ssb.atlas.bitbucket.plugins.api) [caused by: Unable to resolve 141.0: missing requirement [141.0] osgi.wiring.package; (osgi.wiring.package=_something.new.every.time_)]
    at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.resolveBundleRevision(Felix.java:3974)

• Does someone have a pom that correctly resolves the jira-rest-java-client-core dependencies in a Bitbucket pre-receive hook plugin project that I could use?
  • Is there a systematic approach to get this resolved?

Any help greatly appreciated - thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 4, 2017

There is a simpler way to do it if Jira and Bitbucket are application linked together:

This is an example using:

<groupId>com.atlassian.applinks</groupId>
<artifactId>applinks-api</artifactId>
Stephan Haertel December 12, 2017

Thanks for the Info. The solution was indeed to use a different API to access Jira. Yet in the end I decided to use javax.json, which has a low footprint and was fairly easy to include in my OSGI bundle.

I gave up on using jira-rest-java-client-core because the ~45 transiently dependent packages it brings contain too many conflicts with other components inherited from Bitbucket System Bundle to handle.

I was reluctant to try applinks-api, because the connection cannot be unit tested independently. (Needs unit test plugin on Bitbucket actually linked to Jira.)

Thanks again for your support!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events