Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Bitbucket-pipelines run pytest with access to an RDS database

I need to run pytest from bitbucket-pipelines with connection to an RDS database.

As my RDS test database is not publicly open, how can I get my pipeline IP to allow it to access to RDS?

1 answer

0 votes

A pipeline could be running on any number of addresses, and they can change.  You'll need to enable the range(s) documented at https://support.atlassian.com/organization-administration/docs/ip-addresses-and-domains-for-atlassian-cloud-products/

OK... thanks... not sure, I wanted to open all these adresses... Will try to find another solution.

What do you mean by "another solution"?

You have a service that you have asked a Cloud system to connect to.  The Cloud system could be running on any one of a range of IP addresses.  So if you want it to connect to your service, then you are going to have to allow all of those IP addresses through your firewall.

Oh yes sure... But I was thinking of doing some differents tests... may be installed the database inside a docker image for the tests

I used IP addresses in Valid IP addresses for bitbucket pipelines build environment... but still unable to connect to RDS database? I need to recheck my database settings for the connection 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Bitbucket

⭐ Calling all Bitbucket and DevOps experts: Special showcase opportunity ⭐

Hi, Bitbucket community! Are you a DevOps practitioner (or know one in your network)? Do you have DevOps tips, tricks, or learnings you'd like to share with the community? If so, we'd love to hea...

1,491 views 4 8
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you