Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Bitbucket-pipelines run pytest with access to an RDS database

I need to run pytest from bitbucket-pipelines with connection to an RDS database.

As my RDS test database is not publicly open, how can I get my pipeline IP to allow it to access to RDS?

1 answer

0 votes

A pipeline could be running on any number of addresses, and they can change.  You'll need to enable the range(s) documented at https://support.atlassian.com/organization-administration/docs/ip-addresses-and-domains-for-atlassian-cloud-products/

OK... thanks... not sure, I wanted to open all these adresses... Will try to find another solution.

What do you mean by "another solution"?

You have a service that you have asked a Cloud system to connect to.  The Cloud system could be running on any one of a range of IP addresses.  So if you want it to connect to your service, then you are going to have to allow all of those IP addresses through your firewall.

Oh yes sure... But I was thinking of doing some differents tests... may be installed the database inside a docker image for the tests

I used IP addresses in Valid IP addresses for bitbucket pipelines build environment... but still unable to connect to RDS database? I need to recheck my database settings for the connection 

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Atlassian Community Events