Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bitbucket-pipelines run pytest with access to an RDS database

thierry_paret December 30, 2021

I need to run pytest from bitbucket-pipelines with connection to an RDS database.

As my RDS test database is not publicly open, how can I get my pipeline IP to allow it to access to RDS?

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 30, 2021

A pipeline could be running on any number of addresses, and they can change.  You'll need to enable the range(s) documented at https://support.atlassian.com/organization-administration/docs/ip-addresses-and-domains-for-atlassian-cloud-products/

thierry_paret December 31, 2021

OK... thanks... not sure, I wanted to open all these adresses... Will try to find another solution.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 31, 2021

What do you mean by "another solution"?

You have a service that you have asked a Cloud system to connect to.  The Cloud system could be running on any one of a range of IP addresses.  So if you want it to connect to your service, then you are going to have to allow all of those IP addresses through your firewall.

thierry_paret January 3, 2022

Oh yes sure... But I was thinking of doing some differents tests... may be installed the database inside a docker image for the tests

thierry_paret January 13, 2022

I used IP addresses in Valid IP addresses for bitbucket pipelines build environment... but still unable to connect to RDS database? I need to recheck my database settings for the connection 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events