Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bitbucket pipeline skipping step even though there is change

Abhishek K J April 4, 2022

I have given the following condition, where a step should run only when there is a change in folder

condition:
changestes:
includePaths:
- "webapp/**"

It has been working fine.

Couple of days back I had raised a PR, which ran the pipeline fine.
As there was a change in webapp folder, it ran the step.

But when I merged the PR to branch, even though there was a change in webapp folder,
it skipped the step in pipeline.

Previously it was working fine, on same day for a different pipeline, the step ran when merged to branch.

I am confused as to why the step is not running in this particular case.
Reran the pipeline multiple times but still the same issue.
Has anyone faced similar issues?

1 answer

0 votes
Ben
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 4, 2022

Hey Abhishek,

I have noticed that there is a typo in the output that you have provided ("changestes" should be "changesets") - I'm not sure if this is present in your pipelines yml or if this was simply a typo when raising this ticket but this will need to be corrected if it is the former.

Additionally, when referencing a glob pattern in "includePaths" please refer to the following documentation, the syntax specifies single quotes to be used rather than double quotes:
https://support.atlassian.com/bitbucket-cloud/docs/use-glob-patterns-on-the-pipelines-yaml-file/

Hope this helps.

Cheers!

- Ben (Bitbucket Cloud Support)

Drew Heasman May 16, 2022

Hi Ben,

Documentation here has double quotes in the example glob pattern - probably needs updating?

https://support.atlassian.com/bitbucket-cloud/docs/configure-bitbucket-pipelinesyml/#condition

Ben
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 18, 2022

Hey @Drew Heasman - thank you for raising this to our attention, I have reported this accordingly.

Like Drew Heasman likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events