Bitbucket pipeline not start automatically after on push on a configured branch

Dear Bitbucket Support,

We really enjoy the pipeline CI, but our issue is that we need to manually start the pipeline for each bitbucket remote push on dev.

Is it really the case or how we can configure to auto start after each commit push on a remote dev branch?

Sample YML config:

image: node:11.8.0

definitions:
caches:
yarncache: /usr/local/share/.cache/yarn/v1

steps:
- step: &install
name: Install
caches:
- node
- yarncache
script:
- yarn

pipelines:
branches:
dev:
- step: *install

I looking forward to hearing from you as it will be really useful to have auto start on remote push. We do not have any pipeline related webhook in bitbucket cloud. 

Best Regards,
Attila Csanyi

6 answers

Hi @Attila Csanyi

As discussed,  custom pipelines do not run automatically on a commit to a branch. 

Screenshot_2019-03-09-09-06-51-403_com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox.png

Dear @venugopalnaidu neelam ,

Thanks for the quick reply. We read relevant documentation, but it seems still not clear. Do you mean because I have custom pipeline for dev (considered as

custom: # Pipelines that can only be triggered manually

) so thats why it cannot run automatically?

Do we need to use `default` pipeline instead, can you help me and suggest how the above valid config can trigger pipeline in each remote dev push?

We never able to trigger that pipeline with a push.

Thanks for the more detailed help.

Best Regards,
Attila Csanyi

Dear @venugopalnaidu neelam ,

Thanks for the detailed answer. It seems we need exactly the opposite behaviour: auto started pipeline for only the custom branches as behind those branches we have environment like dev, staging or prod and would be great to avoid manual interaction and just start pipeline which test, build and deploy to the relevant environment as soon as a push happened.

So if we need auto start pipeline for our dev or master branches, we basically need a custom pipeline which cover all branches except dev or master, is there any way to achieve this in bitbucket-pipelines.yml?

Thanks for your help,

BR,
Attila Csanyi

Any help is appreciated, thx.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Mar 14, 2019 in Bitbucket Pipelines

Building a Bitbucket Pipe as a casual coder

...ipe.sh :  #!/bin/bash source "$(dirname "$0")/common.sh" enable_debug extra_args="" if [[ "${DEBUG}" == "true" ]]; then extra_args="--verbose" fi # mandatory variables R...

271 views 0 12
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you