Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bitbucket pipeline not start automatically after on push on a configured branch

Attila Csanyi March 8, 2019

Dear Bitbucket Support,

We really enjoy the pipeline CI, but our issue is that we need to manually start the pipeline for each bitbucket remote push on dev.

Is it really the case or how we can configure to auto start after each commit push on a remote dev branch?

Sample YML config:

image: node:11.8.0

definitions:
caches:
yarncache: /usr/local/share/.cache/yarn/v1

steps:
- step: &install
name: Install
caches:
- node
- yarncache
script:
- yarn

pipelines:
branches:
dev:
- step: *install

I looking forward to hearing from you as it will be really useful to have auto start on remote push. We do not have any pipeline related webhook in bitbucket cloud. 

Best Regards,
Attila Csanyi

7 answers

1 vote
Kiko_BZ June 29, 2022

Dear @Attila Csanyi ,
currently I'm configuring a custom pipeline as you were when this post was created and actually I'm facing the same problem.

Just in case, did you find some useful solution to trigger automatically a custom pipeline? If so, how could I achieve that?

Thank you so much in advance for your your time.
Best regards,

Kiko.

Kiko_BZ June 29, 2022

After testing for a while I got to make the automatic pipeline just by removing the "custom:" tag on my bitbucket-pipelines.yml file. Leaving it, in my case, as follows:

pipelines:
default:
- step:

Thank you so much anyway, cheers.

Lucio Rastellini November 8, 2023

This worked for me! Thank you Kiko_BZ

1 vote
Venugopala Naidu March 8, 2019

Hi @Attila Csanyi

As discussed,  custom pipelines do not run automatically on a commit to a branch. 

Screenshot_2019-03-09-09-06-51-403_com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox.png

0 votes
Attila Csanyi March 19, 2019

Any help is appreciated, thx.

0 votes
Attila Csanyi March 11, 2019

Dear @Venugopala Naidu ,

Thanks for the detailed answer. It seems we need exactly the opposite behaviour: auto started pipeline for only the custom branches as behind those branches we have environment like dev, staging or prod and would be great to avoid manual interaction and just start pipeline which test, build and deploy to the relevant environment as soon as a push happened.

So if we need auto start pipeline for our dev or master branches, we basically need a custom pipeline which cover all branches except dev or master, is there any way to achieve this in bitbucket-pipelines.yml?

Thanks for your help,

BR,
Attila Csanyi

0 votes

Hi @Attila Csanyi

Plz find the documentation below,  I hope you can understand. 

https://confluence.atlassian.com/bitbucket/get-started-with-bitbucket-pipelines-792298921.html

0 votes
Attila Csanyi March 8, 2019

Dear @Venugopala Naidu ,

Thanks for the quick reply. We read relevant documentation, but it seems still not clear. Do you mean because I have custom pipeline for dev (considered as

custom: # Pipelines that can only be triggered manually

) so thats why it cannot run automatically?

Do we need to use `default` pipeline instead, can you help me and suggest how the above valid config can trigger pipeline in each remote dev push?

We never able to trigger that pipeline with a push.

Thanks for the more detailed help.

Best Regards,
Attila Csanyi

0 votes

Hi @Attila Csanyi

Plz find the documentation below,  I hope u will understand. 

https://confluence.atlassian.com/bitbucket/run-pipelines-manually-861242583.html

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events