Bitbucket pipeline logs are not readable, How can we fix the logs?

Ranjit Sharma March 2, 2021

Hi Team,

There is the problem in pipeline logs, it is mixing up unknown variables so please fix this because when it fails very difficult to understand the problem. You can see the below snapshot image.

Bitbucket-Pipeline-log.png

Regards

Ranjit Sharma

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
admirp March 16, 2021

Hi,

It's not related to _PROD variable but content of variable.

Let's say you have variable AWS_ACCESS_KEY_ID_PROD with secret value "a", pipeline will try to replace every letter "a" in output because you have declared it as secret variable.

0 votes
Halyna Berezovska
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 17, 2021

@Ranjit Sharma  yeap, now I can see this.

You can submit a bugfix request to  open bitbucket pipelines jira or try to find suitable request here .

I know what it can be - perhaps when your variable match with some pattern in logs, it can be substituted. I saw it a couple of times.

For new request please, put exact steps to reproduce the issue.

0 votes
Halyna Berezovska
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 2, 2021

@Ranjit Sharma  thanks for the question.

Please, specify what unknown variables do you mean that are mixing up?

In pipelines infra when running a pipe, it is logged how the container is run. It may help to discover the problem and to see quickly what global variables are passed.

Also, you can see the trace of your pipe failing just after the container running.

Regards, Galyna

Ranjit Sharma March 2, 2021

Hi Galyna,

Thanks for replying, you can see the logs what I attached. I mean to say logs are not correct i.e it is replacing letter 's' with PROD_VARIABLE event though we are not using it in staging environment deployment.

When I removed PROD related environment variables then logs were fine.

Is there any problem with PROD word specified in pipeline environment variable names ?

Thanks & Regards,

Ranjit Sharma

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events