Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bitbucket not working on linux but works on mac

Ty Hudson November 16, 2021

Listen I have been using bitbucket since 2012 with ssh keys.  I have never had this issue and I can not seem to figure it out. 

I am using version 2.30.1 on my mac and 2.17.1 on my Linux machine. 

I can pull on my Linux machine but I can not fetch or push on it. 

I can pull, fetch, and push on my mac.  I even was able to do this just fine yesterday.  11-15-2021 but today "git push" "git push origin master" just hangs along with "git fetch --all"

What is the issue?  I have a whole day of coding that I can commit but not push I don't want to lose this commit and I can't figure it out.  This is happening on all my repos on Linux 18.04.  Am I just going to have to format this Linux box?

Please what could be the issue?

2 answers

0 votes
Denis Moskowitz March 24, 2022

I had a similar issue.  It turned out to be that two of the keys I had loaded in my ssh-agent were both valid to connect to bitbucket and the first one had less permissions than the second.  If you think you may be in that situation, the command 

GIT_SSH_COMMAND="ssh -vvv" git push origin HEAD

will let you know which key pair bitbucket actually accepts.  Removing and re-adding the troublesome key so it's farther down in the list returned by `ssh-add -l` resolved the problem.

0 votes
Ty Hudson November 16, 2021

git push -u just worked as I typed this.. so it appears to be hanging for about 15 mins.

This is scary I have never had issues with git ever. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events