Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bitbucket master issues - how are they handled?

Rory Plaire September 24, 2013

I've been watching the Bitbucket master issues at https://bitbucket.org/site/master/issues. I notice that some of the issues are very old issues and some which are quite popular (some are both!) but I can't find any systematic, easy to find response from Atlassian on them. Many are 'open' and 'unassigned' even after months or years. What is the approach to dealing with these issues? Of course, I'm interested in a few of them, which is why I'm asking. I've tried to engage with the @bitbucket twitter account, but got no reply. I'm beginning to think that, beyond commenting in the issue, these issues are just mostly ignored. Please help me to see that they are taken seriously and I'm just missing the community engagement.

1 answer

0 votes
aMarcus
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 24, 2013

Hi Rory,

Sorry that you feel ignored by us. We read over all newly created site/master tickets on a weekly basis and triage them and resort them by bugs, feature requests and items that belonged in support. Ongoing issues are monitored and discussed weekly with the team and decisions about those items are placed against the current roadmap of new features and bug fixes, community feedback from multiple sources (issue votes, Twitter, etc), interviews with customers, our partners and more. Important to note is that we won't necessarily work on every feature request, nor do we take into account the age of an issue.

For complete information on how this is addressed at Atlassian as a whole, take a look at the Implimentation of New Features Policy and our Bugfix Policy (Same rules for Bitbucket except we dogfood the Bitbucket issue tracker instead of JIRA). In the coming weeks, we've got even more features we think are worth a look. We keep our blog updated with the latest changes and we update the Latest features section of the site as well. While Twitter is monitored by us, we simply can't reply to everything asked.

Also, if you've got a specific question about anything, you can ask it here on Answers so the community can see the reply. If you've got a specific issue that you need to discuss in private, please raise it to support.atlassian.com.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events