Bitbucket login page not rendering correctly on specific machine across browsers. Any suggestions?

When I try to open the bitbucket login page, the styles and images are not rendering correctly. I see that this behavior is specific to a specific computer running Windows 10 while on other devices in the same network, the page renders normally. I have tried reinstalling Chrome and Firefox, turning off the firewall on my laptop but to no avail. Can anyone point out the exact reason for such behavior and suggest a solution? Thanks a lot.

2 answers

0 vote

Hi Vikram,

I wonder if there are any network issues on this machine that could lead to this. For instance, have any changes been made to the hosts file on the machine, or is it using a different DNS server (or proxy server) than the other machines where everything works fine?

Cheers,

Christian

Premier Support Engineer

Atlassian

Hi Christian,

Thanks for the update. I am using the same DNS settings (provided by my ISP) for all devices and am not using a proxy server. I have tried with Android phone and Windows 7 connected to the same network and things work fine there. Is it possible that an application on my machine might be interfering with the page loading correctly? Or some corrupted drivers? Nothing else seems plausible. I ran a System File Checker scan as well and no system files show up as corrupted. I have not installed any new application in recent days - only standard updates get pushed to my computer. Your advice on this is appreciated. If you need me to raise a tech support ticket I will do so.

Thanks once again.

Regards,

Vikram

Hi Christian,

Thanks for the update. I am using the same DNS settings (provided by my ISP) for all devices and am not using a proxy server. I have tried with Android phone and Windows 7 connected to the same network and things work fine there. Is it possible that an application on my machine might be interfering with the page loading correctly? Or some corrupted drivers? Nothing else seems plausible. I ran a System File Checker scan as well and no system files show up as corrupted. I have not installed any new application in recent days - only standard updates get pushed to my computer.

Your advice on this is appreciated. If you need me to raise a tech support ticket I will do so.

Thanks once again.

Regards,

Vikram

Hi Vikram,

You can try to find out why the CSS isn't loading by using the developer tools built into Chrome.

Once you have the developer tools open, be sure to select "Preserve log", and then access the URL where you're having the problem.

You should see a list of request starting to be displayed, and some of them might be displayed in red instead. If there are any, please take a screenshot and attach it here.

Cheers,

Christian

Premier Support Engineer

Atlassian

Hi Christian,

Please find the Chrome dev tools report screenshot attached. There are some entries in red.

Bitbucket login.jpg

Bitbucket login.jpg

Bitbucket login.jpg

Bitbucket login.jpg

Hi Christian,

The error for all the entries in red is ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT which seems strange to me because I have encountered these only when there is a network issue but that does not seem to be the case here. Your thoughts please.

Regards,

Vikram

Hi,

Any answer to the above issue?

Regards,

Vikram

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Jun 06, 2018 in Bitbucket

Do you use Bitbucket Cloud and Jira Cloud? If so, let us know!

Hi Community, I'm Julia and I'm on the Jira Software Cloud marketing team!  We're looking for companies or teams using Bitbucket Cloud and Jira Software Cloud. If your team fits the t...

67 views 2 3
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you