I've set up my personal git repo into Bitbucket with my existing git, then pushed my local to remote repo through SourceTree. But Bitbucket is not updating new commits that I pushed, even though it has been updated in remote repo. What should have gone wrong?
Hi! Could you clarify the description a bit more so we can understand better the issue you're experiencing?
You said you pushed your local repository to your remote repo through SourceTree. Which remote are you referring to? Are you referring to your Bitbucket repo? Do you have your Bitbucket account connected to SourceTree?
You also said that Bitbucket is not updating new commits that you pushed, even though they have been updated in remote repo, to which remote repository are you referring to?
Lastly, are you using Bitbucket Server or Cloud?
Hi, thanks for your response.
So here's what I did:
1) I have a remote git repo, and cloned to my local
2) I opened Bitbucket account and imported from remote git repo, where the commit history up to that point was showing up correctly
3) I downloaded SourceTree and added my local git repo there
4) I committed/pushed some tests, and commits showed up on remote git repo but BItbucket's commit didn't get updated
5) After reading your comment I've added Bibucket account in SourceTree's Preference/Accounts, changed Bitbucket account as default, committed another test. Still no update.
I am using Bitbucket Server. If there is any tutorial to set up sourcetree/bitbucket workflow properly from scratch let me know!
Hi Nam, that's weird. You said that you've added your Bibucket account in SourceTree but changes are still not visible in Bitbucket Server:
For more information, you can also check How to set up SourceTree with Bitbucket Server.
There is no error message in either SourceTree or Terminal. Commits from both sources are updated in my git repo, but no update in my Bitbucket.
And the link you sent me is exactly page I read to set up my Bitbucket. Is there any other info I should look into?
Bitbucket Pipelines helps me manage and automate a number of serverless deployments to AWS Lambda and this is how I do it. I'm building Node.js Lambda functions using node-lambda ...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs
We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.Save your spot