Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bitbucket is ending support for the Services feature

vipulpambhar
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 12, 2021

Hello,

Hope you are doing well!

We have received below mail recently from atlassian.com.
--------------
We noticed you are an admin for a Bitbucket Cloud repository that is still utilizing our original Services feature. We had previously announced that we will end support for this feature and recommended migrating repositories to Bitbucket webhooks.
Bitbucket is officially ending support of the Services feature on 31 December 2021. In order to prevent any unforeseen issues we recommend migrating at once. If you have any questions or issues migrating to Bitbucket webhooks, please reach out to Bitbucket support.
-------------

So we need to clear below points before take any action for it.

1. Is it mandatory to migrating repositories to Bitbucket webhooks. ?

2. If I don't want to migrate this repository, Then automatically my repositories are migrated by atlassian or  Bitbucket servie will be stop on 31 December 2021 ?

Thanks for all your help and support in advance:)

Best,
-Vipul

1 answer

0 votes
Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 15, 2021

Hi Vipul and welcome to the community!

1. Is it mandatory to migrating repositories to Bitbucket webhooks. ?

It is not mandatory to migrate any services functionality to webhooks. We are asking admins to migrate any services functionality to webhooks if they want to keep this functionality. However, it is mandatory.

2. If I don't want to migrate this repository, Then automatically my repositories are migrated by atlassian or  Bitbucket servie will be stop on 31 December 2021 ?

Any services functionality will stop on 31 December 2021, we will not convert any existing services functionality to webhook from our side.

Please note that the services functionality we are deprecating is not related to Pipelines services. I just wanted to clarify this because some users thought we are deprecating Bitbucket Pipelines services, which is not the case.

The Services feature we are deprecating is available from Repository settings of a repo, but only for older repos that already have services set up. If you want to find which of your repos have such services set up, you can use the following API call:

https://api.bitbucket.org/2.0/repositories/{workspace}/?fields=values.services.*.*.*,values.full_name&role=admin

Replace {workspace} with the workspace-id of the workspace that owns your repos. After you get the repositories with services with this API call, you can open each repo on Bitbucket website, navigate to its Repository settings and you'll see an option Services.

You can also find more details in the following community article (and the first comment on this article):

If you have any other questions, please feel free to let us know!

Kind regards,
Theodora

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events