Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bitbucket icon not visible on start.atlassian.com and user that I invite all following error

Jean-Francois Bédard September 6, 2022

1. Bitbucket icon not visible on start.atlassian.com for other user then me.

2. User that I invite all have the error  "We're  unable to process the SSO request. Update your SP configuration to send the AuthnRequest to /sso/ldp/SSO.saml?idpid=<idpid>, where idpid is en optional parameter. If idpid is not specified, a user needs to perform an IdP-initiated SSO or PingOne-initiated SSO first."

1 answer

0 votes
Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 7, 2022

Hi Jean-Francois,

1. Could you please share a screenshot of start.atlassian.com that shows the Bitbucket icon for you?

Since this shows in different places, I want to make sure which one you are referring to.

Do these other users have a Bitbucket Cloud account at the moment or not?

2. The error you are encountering indicates an issue with the configuration of Ping Identity Provider.

I found this article which may help to resolve this issue: https://support.pingidentity.com/s/article/PingOne-How-to-configure-SP-initiated-SSO

If you still experience issues, I would suggest reaching out to the support team of Ping Identity Provider to ask for assistance.

Kind regards,
Theodora

Jean-Francois Bédard September 8, 2022

Here is the screen shoot and one of them as a Bitbukcet cloud account the other didn't have one.

<screenshot_removed>

For the Pind Identity problem, my guess is that once we are able to get the BitBucket icon on the start.altassian.com page, this problem would go away.

Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 9, 2022

Hi Jean-Francois,

Thank you for the info.

The Bitbucket icon in the screenshot you posted is going to show if a user has signed up for a Bitbucket Cloud. So, for the user who doesn't have a Bitbucket account, it's expected that no icon will show, the user needs to sign up for a Bitbucket account first (via https://bitbucket.org/, select "Get it free" from the top right corner).

For the other user, who already has a Bitbucket Cloud account, please ask them to make sure they are logged in https://start.atlassian.com/ with the same email as the primary email of their Bitbucket account. If the user still doesn't see the icon, please ask them to log in to community with the same email they use to log in to the start page, and then leave a reply to your question (alternatively, they can also post a new question). I will then be able to check the details of their account and speak with the user directly to troubleshoot this.

The issue with Ping Identity Provider doesn't have anything to do with the icon on the start page, the icon will show if a user has a Bitbucket Cloud account with a primary email the same as the one they use to log in to the start page. The error message indicates an SSO configuration issue, it lets you know that you need to update your SP configuration to send the AuthnRequest to /sso/ldp/SSO.saml?idpid=<idpid>, where idpid is en optional parameter. If idpid is not specified, a user needs to perform an IdP-initiated SSO or PingOne-initiated SSO first.

Kind regards,
Theodora

Jean-Francois Bédard September 20, 2022

Thank you for your help.  

Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
September 20, 2022

Hi Jean-Francois,

You are very welcome. Are both issues resolved?

Just a heads up, I removed the screenshot from your earlier post for privacy reasons, as it was showing your sites' names.

Kind regards,
Theodora

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events