Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bitbucket free up username

Abhishek December 23, 2019

So I have 2 bitbucket accounts: one new, created by Atlassian account linked to personal email and one old that transferred from independent bitbucket to new atlassian linked bitbucket which uses secondary email address.

The old one uses bit bucket username which I would like to use for my new account and I no longer wish to use the old account.

I have following 2 questions: 

Q1) Is a merge between the 2 accounts possible with new one as primary?

Q2) If not, can I free up the username by deleting the old account? Is there any way to free up the username and then use it for my new account? 

1 answer

1 vote
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 2, 2020

Hi @Abhishek, welcome to the Community!

Merging Bitbucket accounts is not possible, but it's possible to achieve what you're looking for with a little workaround.  

To help you sort this out, we'll need you to submit a Support ticket so we can exchange usernames and email addresses privately :) You can do so via our portal. If there's anything else you need,  let us know!

Best regards,

Ana

Abhishek January 8, 2020

Hi @Ana Retamal,

Thanks.

I want to keep new email id and associated data on trello. Old one only has bitbucket username that I need. I think I'll delete the old account as well. 

So, if I delete the old account will it free up the username? Or will it still remain locked in the system?

Also, Happy new year!!

Sincerely,

Abhishek

Abhishek January 31, 2020

Hey @Ana Retamal ,

Awating update.

Sincerely,

Abhishek

Abhishek January 31, 2020

Hey @Ana Retamal ,

Awaiting update.

Sincerely,