Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bitbucket fails after SQL upgrade

Kevin Goforth May 4, 2023

We recently upgraded the SQL server that our Bitbucket application connects to. We upgraded to SQL 2019. Since then the Bitbucket application has been down. 

It was a challenge just getting it installed as I am not much of a Ubuntu admin, so I am pretty lost on this.

1 answer

0 votes
Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 5, 2023

I think you should share more concrete details about the problem.

For example, if the symptom is that Bitbucket doesn't start up after the DB upgrade, then there should be an exception with a stack trace in the Bitbucket log. That would help tremendously to understand the problem and conclude on the next step.

Kevin Goforth May 8, 2023

So far the log states that it cannot connect to the DB server. However, I can connect to the DB server without issue using telnet from the BB server. The network team has looked for any possible blocks between the two servers, but they are not seeing any. 

When I check the status of BB on the server it shows as "active (exited)". We also see an odd error stating, su: user "username" does not exist or the user entry does not contain all the required fields." The odd thing is, the account is the account we used to completely setup the server.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events