It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Bitbucket extension for visual studio - not allowing to login

I installed the bitbucket extension for VS 2017/2019 (tried in both versions that I have on my two machines). I have a free plan account with bitbucket and I could not login either using my email and pwd or username/pwd combination. It gives me the unauthorized error always.

Bitbucket_VS_extn_login_err.png

1 answer

0 votes
Ana Retamal Atlassian Team Oct 21, 2019

Hi @aravindk777 , welcome to the Community!

I unerstand you're having difficulties to connect to Bitbucket using the Visual Studio extension. For troubleshooting purposes, could you try to log in to Bitbucket directly using your browser and the same credentials you're trying with the Visual Studio app and let us know if it works?

If Bitbucket works but you're still unable to log in through the extension, please contact the developer of the plugin so they can continue helping you, you can find their page at Visual Studio Marketplace.

Hope that helps,

Ana 

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted in Bitbucket

Share your software development horror stories!

Hey Community! I work on the Bitbucket product marketing team. With Halloween approaching, we wanted to discuss a topic tailor-made for October: development horror stories. Whether it was a lurk...

1,450 views 11 3
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you