Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bitbucket diff is terrible

Mauricio Giordano November 30, 2021

Every single commit diff takes forever to load and it never displays the whole thing, it always says "Oops! You've got a lot of code in this diff and it couldn't load with the page. Click here to give it another chance."

Why is it so slow to load and it never shows me anything? Github on the other hand loads it instantly, such huge difference.

The changed file doesn't show up on the File Changes tree, I can't see the amount of lines added or removed, and after clicking on "Click here to give it another try" and waiting for 18.91 seconds!!, it loaded, and well, only 5 lines of code changed.

Screen Shot 2021-11-30 at 10.08.56 AM.png

Do you have any plans to make this product a bit usable?

1 answer

0 votes
Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 3, 2021

Hi Mauricio,

We have the following limits for diffs in Bitbucket Cloud:

A file's diff cannot exceed 2000 changed lines or 102,400 bytes (100 KB) of raw diff data.

The entire diff cannot exceed 8000 changed lines.

The maximum number of files in a single diff is limited to 200.

You can find more details at the following link:

You can inspect the diff locally in your clone to see if it's within our limits.

If the issue occurs with a PR's diff, you can check with the following command the number of files in the diff:

git diff <source_branch>..<destination_branch> --name-only | wc -l

You can use the following command to see the number of changed lines in each file and for the whole diff:

git diff <source_branch>..<destination_branch> --stat

If the issue occurs with the diff of a commit in the Commits page of the repo you can use

git show <commit_hash> --stat

If the diff does not exceed our limits and you're still experiencing issues, I can create a support ticket for you so we can look into this. The support ticket will be visible only to you and Atlassian staff, so you can share the URL of the PR or commit with this issue and we can further investigate.

Since your Bitbucket Cloud account is part of a workspace in a paid plan, you can create a support ticket yourself if you prefer that via https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/ (In "What can we help you with?" select "Technical issues and bugs" and then Bitbucket Cloud as product).

If you would like me to create the support ticket for you, please feel free to let me know.

Kind regards,
Theodora

Mauricio Giordano December 20, 2021

This doesn't solve my issue, I'm talking about a commit with a handful of files with less than 10 lines of code changed per file.

Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 21, 2021

Hi @Mauricio Giordano,

I went ahead and created a support ticket for this issue, using the email of your community account. You should have received an email with a link to the support ticket. Just in case you haven't received the email, please feel free to let me know and I can post the ticket URL here. The support ticket will be visible only to you and Atlassian staff, no one else can view its contents even if they the URL.

Please leave a comment in the support ticket and mention the URL of one or more PR/commit pages where this issue occurs, so the support team can investigate. They may also ask you for additional information in order to troubleshoot this issue.

If you have any questions, please feel free to let me know.

Kind regards,
Theodora

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events