cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bitbucket deployments limit

Jens Bengtsson June 11, 2019

Hi,

It says I cannot have more than 10 deployment enviroments for my repository

How come? what´s the reason for the limit?

thank you!

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Philip Hodder
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 13, 2019

Hi Jens,

Currently, we restrict the number of deployment environments to 10, as it's also the maximum number of steps that can run in a single pipeline.

We have an open feature request to bump the maximum number of steps in a pipeline.

If you'd like, you can also open a feature request to specifically bump the maximum number of environments in a repository.

Did you have a particular use-case in mind for having more than 10 deployments environments?

Thanks,

Phil

Jens Bengtsson June 13, 2019

Hi,

We are not having a normal use-case I guess.

We run a mono repo with several microservices, so there aren´t really more than 3 steps per branch usually, but a lot of dedicated microservice branches

Of course I would like to have more than 10 enivornments. But I don´t know what the hassle would be from your side?

I have no interest in running 10 in a single pipeline, just more than 10 overall. So I don´t even know if this implementation is different from open feature request you referenced

Thank you

/Jens

Like Taras Zoshchuk likes this
Philip Hodder
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 13, 2019

Thanks for the information. Yeah, this would be a different feature request. Independent of the step limits. I'll pass this information on to our product managers. If you'd like, you can open a feature request for this with the details you just shared.

Nathan Shearer August 21, 2020

Seems this new deployments limit has an unintended side effect of blocking3rd party deployment services, like Laravel Forge https://bitbucket.org/blog/additional-deployment-environments-for-bitbucket-pipelines the limit enforces 50 now, we had 45 before this change when it said the limit was 10...

1 vote
BenoitBonavia October 7, 2021

Same thing here. We're working on an app we deploy on more than 50 different environments that need their specific deployment variables. 
It would be great if that could be increased at least for the btbucket max plan.

1 vote
Keerthi Krishnan January 12, 2021

@Philip Hodder

I can see the limit has been increased from 10 to 50. We already use 48 deployment environments (which isn't in BitBucket yet) at the moment and we are going to soon outnumber the value of 50. So if we are planning to use BitBucket pipeline, we will need to choose a future proof solution where we can add more deployment environments which isn't possible at the moment.

Is there a potential that the limit could be increased? If we know that it is going to be available in the future, then we shall start using BitBucket pipelines for now.

Also I am interested to know is there a reason for the limit of 50 deployment environments? Please let us know.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events