Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bitbucket commits view loses commit history

mbm September 15, 2021

Under some scenarios, Bitbucket stops displaying commits for a branch, even though the repository itself is fine.

Loads of people "fixing" it by re-pushing their commits and branches.  Would be nice to find this needle in the haystack and remove it.

This has been around a while and perhaps not understood well.  The Atlassian comment about it being caused by a forced push ignores the underlying bug.

Problem

You are not seeing previously available commits in your repository. These missing commits are usually a result of a force push that has rewritten history in the Git repository. 

Here's more user feedback... 4k views and counting...

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/61002882/bitbucket-not-showing-recent-commits-but-commits-are-still-present

1 answer

1 vote
Caroline R
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 16, 2021

Hi, @mbm

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!

It looks like you're affected by a bug. This bug can occur intermittently, and our team is already looking into addressing it:

As you have mentioned, as a workaround (while this problem is not fixed), you can push another commit or a new branch to the repository.

Our development team will post an update on the bug report when this is fixed. If you are not familiar with our Bug Request Policy, you can read more about it here

You can add yourself as a watcher (by selecting the Start watching this issue link in the bug report) if you'd like to get notified via email on any updates and also select the This affects my team link to indicate you are affected by this issue. 

Please, feel free to share any additional questions or concerns regarding this case.

Kind regards,
Caroline

mbm September 21, 2021

Wow, that was really precise and helpful, thank you Caroline!

Like Raoul likes this
Caroline R
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 21, 2021

Hi, @mbm! I'm glad to help :) 

Kind regards,
Caroline 

Like Raoul likes this
Raoul May 13, 2022

Well this had me somewhat worried and doubting everything I knew and ever did - 

But the empty commit fixed it - thanks for sharing, and saving me a lot of new, grey hair ;)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events