Next:
badges earned

Your Points Tracker
Challenges
Leaderboard
  • Global
  • Feed

Badge for your thoughts?

You're enrolled in our new beta rewards program. Join our group to get the inside scoop and share your feedback.

Join group
Recognition
Give the gift of kudos
You have 0 kudos available to give
Who do you want to recognize?
Why do you want to recognize them?
Kudos
Great job appreciating your peers!
Check back soon to give more kudos.

Past Kudos Given
No kudos given
You haven't given any kudos yet. Share the love above and you'll see it here.

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Bitbucket comment notifications

Isn't bitbucket supposed to send notification mails if someone comments on a commit you've made?

8 answers

I have the same issue, comments even with @<devname> send no notifications.

Same issue. How can i get this to work?

2019 still same issue 

June 2019: 

Please fix. When my team mates add comments to issues, I should receive notification emails. I've enable all notifications, but I still don't receive the emails.

Currently, several times a day, I have to manually go the the issues to see if there's any new comment. It's not productive. When I forget to do that, my team mates would be angry because of slow reply, it's very frustrating.

Feature request for Bitbucket Cloud exact equivalent to fixed BB Server feature req

FYI, Outlook considers BitBucket emails junk, so you probably need to go fix that if you haven't already.

Thanks @Alex E, that was our issue - the emails were disappearing into Outlook quarantine with no notification. I suspect the reason is that the emails have the name of the person who made the commit, but a different email address (e.g. notifications-noreply@bitbucket.org), so are classed as "impersonation".

Unfortunately, the default Exchange configuration does not notify the recipient of quarantined emails, and even adding the Bitbucket noreply email addresses to Safe Senders does not seem to guarantee that the emails will get through. Thanks again, Microsoft!

0 votes
AgentSmith Atlassian Team Oct 24, 2013

Notifications are configurable. In the repository watching details menu (select repo > last item on far right hand corner), ensure that you have items checked to receive notifications. More specifically, you can opt to subscribe to the following:

• All pull requests
  • All issues
  • All commits
  • All forks

This is explained in more detail here:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/BITBUCKET/Manage+Inbox+and+email+notifications

2018, still does not seem to be working.

Like # people like this

Hi @AgentSmith - I have all notification items checked and I'm still not receiving notifications for comments. It seems @NgocD and presumably the other commenters, are experiencing the same issue. I am using Bitbucket Cloud.

Works fine here for BBS 6.10.2. The setting is personal, in "Manage Account" --> "Notification Settings". I am looking for a better way to get these notifications than e-mail, however. Batched is too slow, and Immediate produces too much email. I would like to see a browser extension (I'm using Chrome) to show notification count in the header/toolbar, and to provide quick alerts for PR events I'm subscribed to with navigation to the PR in question. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Bitbucket

Calling any interview participants for Bitbucket Data Center

Hi everyone,  We are looking to learn more about development teams’ workflows and pain points, especially around DevOps, integrations, administration, scale, security, and the related challeng...

499 views 6 4
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you