Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bitbucket cloud: s2s auth via username and password

Pimentero August 19, 2021

Hi!

I'm trying to config Post commit status to Bitbucket Cloud in teamcity (quite old one) and it requires username/password to send hooks on commit checks. I found App Passwords, but they are connected to my personal account, and if I someday will quit my job, will these tokens be rejected? Maybe there is some other tool for making tokens that connected to team account?

1 answer

0 votes
Mark C
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 25, 2021

Hi @Pimentero

Welcome to the community.

The answer is yes. If one day you'll quit your job and your App password is used for the CI tool (e.g. Teamcity), if someone removed your permission to access Bitbucket Cloud, the App password will be unusable for the CI tool.

You have 2 more options regarding this:

• Create a bot account in Bitbucket Cloud with permissions to access your repositories, use that account to generate an App password, and use it for your CI tool (Teamcity)
  • I'm not sure if Teamcity supports access tokens, however, in Bitbucket Cloud under your Team workspace, you can use OAuth consumer keys to generate an Access token and use that for authentication

Hope it helps and let me know if you have further questions.

Regards,
Mark C

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events