Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bitbucket and Google SSO

2c2p_admin November 16, 2015

Hi,

I would like to enforce my team to use only Google SSO to login to bitbucket. Right now, if the account is created first, it can be login using both Google SSO and previous login credential. If the account is created with Google SSO at the beginning, it is working fine. Do I need to remove all the user account and recreate again to enforce Google SSO?

Regards,

Myo.

5 answers

3 votes
Jeff Hansen
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 17, 2016

Dear Atlassian,

We need to be able to log in to our BitBucket Server using Google Accounts, similar to how JIRA Cloud hooks up to a google domain. I am sure many people would rejoice if you made this possible, NOT via a Crowd directory, and NOT via a JIRA directory!

-Jeff

1 vote
evzijst
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 16, 2015

There is no way to force users to use Bitbucket in any specific way, including the way they choose to log in. Accounts are owned by their users and are not under the control of the teams they are a member of.

If a user signs up through Google, they can still set a password and log in with that the next time.

0 votes
Bruno Vincent
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 17, 2015

Hi Myo,

As far as I understand, your need is to prevent users from having multiple credentials to access to the same account.

If you used Atlassian server versions (including Stash/Bitbucket server and Crowd), you could force your users to log onto your Atlassian products and Google Apps with their Crowd credentials only.

Regards,

Bruno

0 votes
2c2p_admin November 16, 2015

Hi Erik and Elisa,

Thanks for the update. I was expecting Bitbucket would able to force with SSO setup but seems cannot able to have it. Is this because of we are using bitbucket-cloud service? If we are on Stach server, would this able to get it done?

Regards,

Myo.

0 votes
Elisa [Atlassian]
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 16, 2015

Hi Myo, 

Another option could be to edit those usernames to match their Google username (and email address). This way they can still use both methods to authenticate. smile

Cheers!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events