Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bitbucket also requires ports 7992 and 7993 are available to run an embedded Elasticsearch instance

admin July 19, 2018

Hello , 

I have been trying to run BitBucket on our server for long time but im getting stuck at this point. Kindly assist me to resolve the issue

1 answer

0 votes
Yogesh Mude
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 19, 2018

HI @admin

Welcome to the community!

Could you please look at the <Bitbucket_Home>/log/atlassian-bitbucket.log file for details about the error.

admin July 19, 2018

Hello 

Please find the log file.

2018-07-19 13:39:48,580 INFO [main] o.s.boot.SpringApplication
. ____ _ __ _ _
/\\ / ___'_ __ _ _(_)_ __ __ _ \ \ \ \
( ( )\___ | '_ | '_| | '_ \/ _` | \ \ \ \
\\/ ___)| |_)| | | | | || (_| | ) ) ) )
' |____| .__|_| |_|_| |_\__, | / / / /
=========|_|==============|___/=/_/_/_/
:: Spring Boot :: (v1.5.12.RELEASE)

2018-07-19 13:39:48,828 INFO [main] c.a.b.i.b.BitbucketServerApplication Starting BitbucketServerApplication on jprdevops1 with PID 21038 (/opt/atlassian/bitbucket/5.
12.0/app/WEB-INF/classes started by atlbitbucket in /opt/atlassian/bitbucket/5.12.0/bin)
2018-07-19 13:39:48,828 INFO [main] c.a.b.i.b.BitbucketServerApplication No active profile set, falling back to default profiles: default
2018-07-19 13:39:50,671 INFO [main] c.a.b.i.boot.log.BuildInfoLogger Starting Bitbucket 5.12.0 (02c9a7a built on Mon Jul 09 09:49:52 IST 2018)
2018-07-19 13:39:50,671 INFO [main] c.a.b.i.boot.log.BuildInfoLogger JVM: Oracle Corporation Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM 1.8.0_171-b11
2018-07-19 13:39:52,613 ERROR [main] o.a.catalina.core.StandardService Failed to start connector [Connector[HTTP/1.1-7990]]
org.apache.catalina.LifecycleException: Failed to start component [Connector[HTTP/1.1-7990]]
at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.start(LifecycleBase.java:167)
at org.springframework.boot.context.embedded.tomcat.TomcatEmbeddedServletContainer.addPreviouslyRemovedConnectors(TomcatEmbeddedServletContainer.java:265)
at org.springframework.boot.context.embedded.tomcat.TomcatEmbeddedServletContainer.start(TomcatEmbeddedServletContainer.java:208)
at org.springframework.boot.context.embedded.EmbeddedWebApplicationContext.startEmbeddedServletContainer(EmbeddedWebApplicationContext.java:297)
at org.springframework.boot.context.embedded.EmbeddedWebApplicationContext.finishRefresh(EmbeddedWebApplicationContext.java:145)
at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.refresh(AbstractApplicationContext.java:546)
at org.springframework.boot.context.embedded.EmbeddedWebApplicationContext.refresh(EmbeddedWebApplicationContext.java:122)
at org.springframework.boot.SpringApplication.refresh(SpringApplication.java:693)
at org.springframework.boot.SpringApplication.refreshContext(SpringApplication.java:360)
at org.springframework.boot.SpringApplication.run(SpringApplication.java:303)
at com.atlassian.bitbucket.internal.boot.BitbucketServerApplication.start(BitbucketServerApplication.java:246)
at com.atlassian.bitbucket.internal.boot.BitbucketServerApplication.main(BitbucketServerApplication.java:82)
at org.springframework.boot.loader.MainMethodRunner.run(MainMethodRunner.java:48)
at org.springframework.boot.loader.Launcher.launch(Launcher.java:87)
at com.atlassian.bitbucket.internal.launcher.BitbucketServerLauncher.start(BitbucketServerLauncher.java:151)
at com.atlassian.bitbucket.internal.launcher.BitbucketServerLauncher.main(BitbucketServerLauncher.java:99)
... 5 frames trimmed
Caused by: org.apache.catalina.LifecycleException: Protocol handler start failed
at org.apache.catalina.connector.Connector.startInternal(Connector.java:1020)
... 16 common frames omitted
Caused by: java.net.BindException: Address already in use
at sun.nio.ch.Net.bind0(Native Method)
at sun.nio.ch.Net.bind(Net.java:433)
at sun.nio.ch.Net.bind(Net.java:425)
"atlassian-bitbucket.log" 198L, 19744C

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 19, 2018

That tells you that there is something already running on port 7990.

You'll need to stop that process (it may be Bitbucket is already running though!), or reconfigure Bitbucket so that it uses some other port.

Try a netstat on the server to see what process has that port open already.

Like phaniraju likes this
admin July 19, 2018

I tried using other ports but its picking up 7990 by default after installation.

admin July 19, 2018

Elasticsearch instance that provides search functionality to Bitbucket.
HTTP Port Number
[7990]
Bitbucket uses ports 7992 and 7993 to communicate with its embedded Elasticsearch instance.
Please ensure these ports are available before starting Bitbucket.

For a production server we recommend that you run Bitbucket as a
Windows/Linux service because Bitbucket will restart automatically when the
computer restarts.
Install Bitbucket as a service?
Yes [y, Enter], No [n]
y
It looks like a Bitbucket service is already installed in the target environment.
The installation will replace any existing services. Do you want to continue?
Yes [y, Enter], No [n]
n

For a production server we recommend that you run Bitbucket as a
Windows/Linux service because Bitbucket will restart automatically when the
computer restarts.
Install Bitbucket as a service?
Yes [y, Enter], No [n]
y
It looks like a Bitbucket service is already installed in the target environment.
The installation will replace any existing services. Do you want to continue?
Yes [y, Enter], No [n]
y
Please review your Bitbucket installation settings

Installation Directory: /app/atlassianbb
Home Directory: /app/bbatlassian
HTTP Port: 7990
Install as a service: Yes

Install [i, Enter], Exit [e]
e

Yogesh Mude
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 19, 2018

HI @admin

It is saying that the bitbucket server is already installed on the system as a service and it is using by default 7990 port.

phaniraju October 7, 2019

I got the same issue , 

atlassian-bitbucket.log

Caused by: org.apache.catalina.LifecycleException: Protocol handler start failed
at org.apache.catalina.connector.Connector.startInternal(Connector.java:1020)
... 16 common frames omitted
Caused by: java.net.BindException: Address already in use
at sun.nio.ch.Net.bind0(Native Method)
at sun.nio.ch.Net.bind(Net.java:433)
at sun.nio.ch.Net.bind(Net.java:425)
at sun.nio.ch.ServerSocketChannelImpl.bind(ServerSocketChannelImpl.java:223)
at sun.nio.ch.ServerSocketAdaptor.bind(ServerSocketAdaptor.java:74)

netstat -nap | grep 7990
tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:7990 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN 20657/java

i disable the firewall on linux and then i am able to access the bitbucket console 

systemctl status firewalld  - check the status and disable it by stopping it

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events