Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bitbucket WebHooks ssl error

StijnCoussement September 20, 2022

We where using bitbucket v6.10 untill yesterday we updated to V7.21.4.

Before the update the webhooks where working fine. no problems connectin our jenkins instance what so ever. But today after the update I get the following error:

An SSL error occurred, please check that the provided resource uses https.

The url of the webhook didn't change and on the Jenkins side we didn't change anything as well. 

Why do I get this error now and how can I resolve this?

What can i check to get more detailed error messages as this doesn't say much atm.

I already re-imported the bitbucket ssl certificate to our jvm in Jenkins but no luck on that.

Thanks for the assistance.

1 answer

1 vote
Arnold Serrao October 10, 2022

Hi, did you find a solution to this issue. I am facing the same issue and would like to know how to solve it. Thanks

StijnCoussement October 10, 2022

Yes, we found the solution, it turned out that we forgot to add the SSL certificate of our Jenkins instance to the new docker container of the upgraded version. Apparently we have downloaded a new container and didn't upload the ssl.

Nicolás Guzmán November 25, 2022

The comment above is correct, we have just faced the same problem and the solution was to add the SSL certificate in the Bitbucket server.

We struggled with this after an upgrade to version 7.21.7

Like StijnCoussement likes this
Ibrahim Buamod December 21, 2022

I do have a self-signed certificate will that work, after adding the certificate I am still having the same issue

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events