cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bitbucket URL change from stash URL

Omprakash Thamsetty
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 1, 2018

Hi,

I had a server which setup when STASH was there so we kept the URL https://stash.xx.xx.xxx

but now its bitbucket. Even we upgraded to bitbucket version but we are still using https://stash.xx.xx.xxx. I would like to change that name to something https://bitbucket.xx.xx.xxx.

If I follow below steps work for me?

1) Create alias name with bitbucket.xx.xx.xxx

2) Get the SSL certificates.

3) modify bitbucket.property file

4) Restart the server/service.

Any other steps I need to follow to change the URL? Does it impact on repositories? I am sure users needs to change the remote URL on their cloned working copy.

Please suggest me the way to change the URL for bitbcket.

Thanks,

Om

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
VICTOR-OSEGHALE
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 2, 2018

Hi Omprakash,

Thanks for reaching out here.

Any other steps I need to follow to change the URL? 

1. After step 4, Step 5  will be to Specify the base URL for Bitbucket Server.
  2. If you had Application Links set up before changing the base URL in Bitbucket Server, you have to recreate those using the new Bitbucket Server URL

Does it impact on repositories?

It does not have an effect on repositories, however like you mentioned;  "I am sure users needs to change the remote URL on their cloned working copy." This is correct, the users will have to update the remote URL of local repositories.

Please suggest me the way to change the URL for bitbcket.

Let me know if you are Securing Bitbucket Server using SSL ? 

The documentation above should be helpful, however if you need further clarity going forward, please done hesitate to let me know.

Kind Regards,
Victor

Omprakash Thamsetty
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 2, 2018

Thanks Victor. This information helps me to get test on test environment first. Sure. I will follow security bitbucket server using SSL as we are using ssl certificates. I will ask my system admin to regenerate the ssl certificates for new alias server. If we have SSL certificates issues based on DNS then reissue ssl not required it seems.

VICTOR-OSEGHALE
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 2, 2018

Thanks for your feedback.

Feel free to add a comment here should you need additional help going forward.

Kind Regards.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events