Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Celebration

Earn badges and make progress

You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.

Deleted user Avatar
Deleted user

Level 1: Seed

25 / 150 points

Next: Root

1 badge earned

Collect

Participate in fun challenges

Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!

Challenges
Coins

Gift kudos to your peers

What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.

Recognition
Ribbon

Rise up in the ranks

Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!

Leaderboard

Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Bitbucket Two step verification codes invalid error

I had two step verification enabled on the account, and was using Google Authenticator as the authenticator to provide codes. I changed the phone and was trying the setup the authenticator but the login to bitbucket itself is requiring a code which I don't have. Fortunately the backup codes are working, using which I logged into the account and disabled 2FA. When I logout and login again it still asks me for the 2FA codes.

I also tried setting up 2FA again using the backup code as login and setup on the new phone's google authenticator, but the codes which is provided by the app on the new phone is not working on bitbucket.

Any idea on how to resolve this? I would eventually run out of backup codes to use like this and would be locked out.

2 answers

I'm experiencing the same issue.

Before it was only asking for authentication code for once and I could login without any issue.

But recently, after I passed the first authentication (for Atlassian), it brought me to another two-step verification page (for Bitbucket) and my authentication code and recovery code didn't work for this one.

My bad, there is another 2FA which is enabled at the bitbucket level, and not the atlassian account level. Disabling that finally disabled all the 2FA checks.

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Atlassian Community Events