Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bitbucket Two step verification codes invalid error

tom.pallissery April 22, 2022

I had two step verification enabled on the account, and was using Google Authenticator as the authenticator to provide codes. I changed the phone and was trying the setup the authenticator but the login to bitbucket itself is requiring a code which I don't have. Fortunately the backup codes are working, using which I logged into the account and disabled 2FA. When I logout and login again it still asks me for the 2FA codes.

I also tried setting up 2FA again using the backup code as login and setup on the new phone's google authenticator, but the codes which is provided by the app on the new phone is not working on bitbucket.

Any idea on how to resolve this? I would eventually run out of backup codes to use like this and would be locked out.

2 answers

0 votes
Chengyuan Lai April 25, 2022

I'm experiencing the same issue.

Before it was only asking for authentication code for once and I could login without any issue.

But recently, after I passed the first authentication (for Atlassian), it brought me to another two-step verification page (for Bitbucket) and my authentication code and recovery code didn't work for this one.

0 votes
tom.pallissery April 22, 2022

My bad, there is another 2FA which is enabled at the bitbucket level, and not the atlassian account level. Disabling that finally disabled all the 2FA checks.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events