Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bitbucket - Slack "deployment" notifications for separate branch

Alexander Lavrentyev May 19, 2023

Hello there!

Could you please explain to me why now I can't enable "deployment *" notifications for only one branch (for ex., master)? Before, I could do it, but now checkboxes are disabled with the note "This event can only be configured repository-wide."

1 answer

0 votes
Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 23, 2023

Hi Alexander,

Deployment events were always repository-wide only. However, it is possible to configure Pipelines events for a branch, if you haven't configured it as a repository-wide event. Were you perhaps using Pipelines events instead?

Kind regards,
Theodora

Alexander Lavrentyev May 24, 2023

Hi Theodora! Thank you!

Yes, you are right. It was always repository-wide. My fault, sorry.

We didn't have any other deployments earlier, but now we have. So how can we divide notifications from different deployments? We don't need notifications about pipelines, we need only deployment notifications.

Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 24, 2023

Hi Alexander!

Could you please explain what you mean by 'divide notifications from different deployments'?

If you have e.g. a successful deployment to the environment Test, the Slack notification will read "Deployment to Test successful." with a link to the Pipeline. How exactly would you like to divide the notifications?

Kind regards,
Theodora

Alexander Lavrentyev May 24, 2023

I want to send Production deployment notifications to "production_notify" slack channel, Development deployment notifications to "development_notify" slack channel and so on. 

Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
May 26, 2023

Hi Alexander!

Thank you for the clarification. I'm afraid that this is not possible at the moment, as the available notifications are deployment failed, deployment stopped, deployment succeeded, and there is no way to configure notifications per deployment environment.

I went ahead and created a feature request for what you are asking in our issue tracker:

I would suggest adding your vote there (by selecting the Vote for this issue link) as the number of votes helps the development team and product managers better understand the demand for new features. You are more than welcome to leave any feedback, and you can also add yourself as a watcher (by selecting the Start watching this issue link) if you'd like to get notified via email on updates.

Implementation of new features is done as per our policy here and any updates will be posted in the feature request.

Please feel free to let me know if you have any questions.

Kind regards,
Theodora

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events