Bitbucket Server size limitation

Shweta Deokar May 17, 2020

We want to use bitbucket server version on our dev server. However, we are unable to find if there is any size limitation for every repository. We have respository of more than 10 GB. Can we use bitbucket server version for this?

1 answer

0 votes
František Špaček _MoroSystems_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 17, 2020

Hello Shweta,

in the first place I would like to ask, why your repository has over 10 GB? Is that really lots of small files, or big ones?

My guess is that there is no limitation at all in bitbucket server or git regarding space, but I don't think standalone git is suitable for large files that much as it is distributed version control system (aka you download everything to every computer).

I think Bitbucket server will by only limited by your storage options (HDD space) and there might also be limitation in proxy server or other places which may need to be deleted/raised (e.g. regarding the maximum size of uploaded file).

In case you have lots of big files you don't work with very often - have you heard of Git Large file storage? Might help you a bit with maintaining the repo.

Have a nice day!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events