Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bitbucket Rest API - Authentication

Pawel May 17, 2021

Hello there!

I have a question about Rest API authentication and permissions. From my server, I'd like to trigger a pipeline using the API call. From what I see it requires a username and a password. I could use my credentials or app password. However, I'd prefer to avoid it since it'd give access to other repositories as well if I understood it correctly. This could cause quite a damage if some naughty person would put his hands on it. And since it'd be somewhere on the server, in theory, it's possible. I saw the Authentication Documentation but from what I understand it's mostly for the add-ons and the browser authentication which is not usable for me since the call is supposed to happen "behind the curtains".

Thus, my question is, is it possible to obtain credentials that are limited to a certain repo with certain scope? I know I could create a separate user but that'd cause some extra costs which I'd also like to avoid.

I hope I haven't missed anything from the documentation, if so I'd be thankful for pointing me to the right page.

Kind regards

0 answers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events