Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bitbucket Repo Website History vs GIT LOG

John Volock January 13, 2021

Hoping someone might help me, after not finding documentation, or easily figuring it out on my own. Building tools to do version verification, and running into an issue. If I look at the version at the command line (or GitKraken's log/commit history) it shows additional commits than using the drop down box for "History" when browsing the source via the Bitbucket Server Repo Site. 

Does anyone have any information (or happen to know), what the correct command would be to get the same commit list you see in the Bitbucket Server History drop down, when running the command from the command line?

To be clear, if I manually paste all the commit numbers into Bitbucket, it isn't missing the commits, nor is it an issue of detached commits. This is more frequently happening if a commit from a branch got merged into dev, then later that commit got reverted (via a new branch merged into dev, intentionally to remove it, since re-write history is disabled). There's some other edge cases as well. I know that it's not using  just git log, nor --all (or a different ref for the drop down), and that git log --full-history --simplify-merges is close, but not an exact match either. Just trying to figure out what filtering that history drop box is doing.

0 answers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events