Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bitbucket Pull requests have missing Bamboo plan branches? How is this possible

vdbroekCouldDev October 17, 2017

I have configured Bitbucket to create Bamboo plan branches and build them.

Now I have a Pullrequest without a corresponding Bamboo plan. How should I go about finding the cause of this?

1 answer

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 17, 2017

Is this happening all the time? If so, you need to check the application link between Bitbucket and Bamboo.

If it is a one time issue, it could have happened due to some temporary connection issues when the Bitbucket branch was created. Also, the bamboo plan branch could have been deleted by someone.

Another time I saw this issue was when someone deleted the bitbucket branch and recreated it with the same name. Bamboo deletes the plan branch when the bitbucket branch is deleted and will keep track of that name. Even when another branch is created with the same name, the Bamboo plan branch will be scheduled for deletion. It is a bug that is resolved in the latest version I believe.

Whatever be the case, the fix is simple. You can go to Bamboo plan configuration > branch configuration and then create a plan branch manually by picking the correct bitbucket branch from the dropdown.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events