Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bitbucket Premium plan: got an email saying a 6th member can't be added

Marius Staub
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 4, 2023

I received an email with the following content: "The [team-name] team recently had a request to add a 6th member but your Free plan only allows up to 5 so we were unable to add them. "

However, when I go to bitbucket.org -> "Workspace settings" -> "Plan details" it says (as expected): "You're on the Bitbucket 100 Users Premium (annual) plan."

Why did I get this email?

1 answer

0 votes
Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 8, 2023

Hi Marius and welcome to the community!

Was this email sent to the email address of your community account that you used to make this post?

Does the [team-name] in the content of the email match the workspace id of your workspace on the Premium plan, or is it a different workspace id?

Kind regards,
Theodora

Marius Staub
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 8, 2023

Hi Theodora

Thank you for looking into this! Yes, the email was sent to the email address of my community account.

And yes, [team-name] matches the workspace id of the Premium plan.

Best regards, Marius

Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 8, 2023

Hi Marius,

I can see in our system the workspace on Premium plan that your Bitbucket account has access to. I can also see that

• Several invitations were sent from this workspace 4 days ago.
  • Right now, the users on plan are less than 100 that the plan allows. I cannot see though if the number of plan users was different when you received this email and if you have since removed some users from the workspace.

My thoughts are that:

• either the plan users were on the limit when an invitation was sent, triggering this email (but with the wrong template about the Free plan)
  • or there was an issue with our systems not syncing the billing plan properly (billing plan info is saved across several systems and there might have been a glitch where one system was not seeing the Premium plan)

I went ahead and triggered a manual sync for your workspace's billing plan. Can the users that you invited accept the invitations?

Kind regards,
Theodora

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events