Bitbucket Pipelines not working for public or private docker images

Logan Caraway June 29, 2022

I want to set up pipelines for building an application. I built a custom container for the build but can't pull the container (public repository). I am using a basic pipeline that just pulls a container and echos just to get it working. It works for all of the docker official images, but fails to pull any public or private images (not just mine). The tutorials on this seemed straight forward and I can't see where it's having trouble. The bitbucket repository that this is in is private.

In the bitbucket-pipelines.yml file, below is the only thing not commented out. I have changed no flags in the reposity, so if there is a hidden setting, I haven't changed it. This code works if I use "image: debian", but not when I use "image: arm32v7/debian" (this is the base for my custom container, but I have been testing with this to prevent the issue being a personal repository setting).

image: arm32v7/debian

#options:
# docker: true

pipelines:
  default:
    - step:
      name: 'Container Verification'
      script:
        - echo 'Opened correctly'
The above .yml file fails. Is there a setting or code that I need to add to be able to pull public images hosted on the docker website?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Natalia Chernova
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 30, 2022

Hi @Logan Caraway 

Using arm only docker images as build env is not currently supported.

Kind regards,
Natalia

0 votes
Dam
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 29, 2022

Hi @Logan Caraway 

Here is the doc about using Docker images as build env for your pipeline: 
https://support.atlassian.com/bitbucket-cloud/docs/use-docker-images-as-build-environments/

Depending on your case, there is an associated config to do... If your image is public on the Dockerhub you can use:

image: account-name/image-name:version

To help you validate your Yaml file online, Atlassian provides a great website for that also, I want to share the link with you cause it's a very useful tool and not so much people knows it: https://bitbucket-pipelines.atlassian.io/validator

I hope this helps a bit. 

Cheers,
Dam. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events