Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bitbucket Pipelines do not pull up all the issues from Jira specified in the commits.

Aleksandr Tkachenko
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 28, 2020

In Jira Cloud, I have a test project with the "TBREF" key. Also, I have a repository with the configured Bitbucket Pipeline.

The structure of Jira issues in the project is as follows:

1. User story: "User Story Test Button 1" (TBREF-01).
  2. The task: "Task Test Button 1" (TBREF-02), which is associated (caused by) with the user story: "User Story Test Button 1".
  3. Subtask: "Subtask Test Button 1" (TBREF-03), in the task: "Task Test Button 1".

The structure of the Bitbucket branches in the repository is as follows:

1. "master" branch.
  2. "develop" branch, created from the "master" branch.
  3. "release/v0.1.0" branch, created from the "develop" branch.
  4. "feature/TBREF-01-test-button-1" branch, created from the "release/v0.1.0" branch (the branch for the user story).
  5. "feature/TBREF-02-test-button-1" branch, created from the "feature/TBREF-01-test-button-1" branch (the branch for the task).
  6. "feature/TBREF-03-test-button-1" branch, created from the "feature/TBREF-02-test-button-1" branch (the branch for the subtask).

In my code editor, I checkout to the "feature / TBREF-03-test-button-1" branch, make changes and commit with the following message:
"TBREF-03 commit message from IDE".

After that, I make a pull request to merge the "feature/TBREF-03-test-button-1" branch into the "feature/TBREF-02-test-button-1" branch, with the commit message in the pull request:
"TBREF-03 in TBREF-02 (pull request #1)".

After that, I make a pull request to merge the "feature/TBREF-02-test-button-1" branch into the "feature/TBREF-01-test-button-1" branch, with the commit message in the pull request:
"TBREF-02 in TBREF-01 (pull request #2)".

After that, I make a pull request to merge the "feature/TBREF-01-test-button-1" branch into the "release/v0.1.0" branch, with the commit message in the pull request:
"TBREF-01 in release/v0.1.0 (pull request #3)"

Finally, I run the pipeline on the release branch. But in the end, it only affects the last task (Jira user story), and only on it appears the status that it has been deployed to a certain environment. The rest of the tasks and subtasks do not show that they have also been deployed. Although the release branch contains a history of all commits, indicating the user story, task, and subtask.

Screen Shot 2020-08-29 at 8.51.02 AM.pngbitbucket-pipeline.yml example:

pipelines:
custom: # Pipelines that are triggered manually
deployment-to-test: # # The name that is displayed in the list in the Bitbucket Cloud GUI
- step:
name: Deployment to Test environment.
deployment: Test
script:
- echo "Deployed to the Test environment."
deployment-to-stage: # # The name that is displayed in the list in the Bitbucket Cloud GUI
- step:
name: Deployment to Stage environment.
deployment: Stage
script:
- echo "Deployed to the Stage environment."
deployment-to-prod: # # The name that is displayed in the list in the Bitbucket Cloud GUI
- step:
name: Deployment to Prod environment.
deployment: Prod
script:
- echo "Deployed to the Prod environment."

Only the user story has the "Release" information that shows the deployment status

Screen Shot 2020-08-29 at 8.53.33 AM.pngThis behavior is not stable. Sometimes pipelines touch the history of all previous commits, and sometimes only the last one. What could be the problem?

0 answers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events