Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bitbucket Pipelines and Maven

Arielle Adams May 14, 2019

We have a Maven project living on a separate VM and would like to automate code delivery so that we don't have to manually create a Maven artifact and run the script to install it.

Is it possible to use Pipelines to push code updates to a Maven project without having to clone our Git repository onto the VM?

The concern here is, of course, is creating an optimal configuration so that we don't run up available disk space.

I believe that Jenkins allots for this use case with their Artifactory plugin & server (I have not used this functionality personally so I can't confirm) and was wondering if Pipelines had a comparable solution.

1 answer

0 votes
Steven Vaccarella
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 25, 2019

Hi Arielle,

You can definitely use Pipelines to build and deploy artifacts to a production server without having to clone the repository on that server.

If you're just trying to automate your current manual process, you could try something like this in a pipeline:

1. Build the maven artifact.
  2. Upload the artifact to the VM using the sftp-deploy or scp-deploy pipe.
  3. Run your installation script on the VM using the ssh-run pipe.

If you want to get more sophisticated there are many other options available, such as first deploying the artifact to a third-party artifact repository like JFrog.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events