Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bitbucket Pipelines Artifact - Modification date in built files

Kamil Fogel July 29, 2022

Recently we've found out that files built by Pipelines as a Artifacts has modified date set to 1970-01-01 02:00, no created date, no accessed date. 
Created and accessed are changed to current date/time when file is extracted from archive, but modification date doesn't change. 

In further steps we are using some tool to host these files on Client's side, and these tools are relying on modification date, so this value is required.

What was changed on Pipelines side that it doesn't work as previously?

Or how to fix that behavior without modifying that date with file change.

1 answer

0 votes
Ben
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 1, 2022

G'day Kamil!

Thank you for raising this to our attention. I have tested this on my end and indeed, after extracting the archive - I see the same incorrect "created date" as you have mentioned.

This has been logged as a bug in the past for our developers to address - please feel free to "Watch" this for future updates and also click "This Affects Our Team" to improve its visibility:
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/BCLOUD-20655

In the interim as a workaround, the date can be manually modified by running the "touch" command, you could create a script that pulls the current date/time and then apply this recursively to all files within a given folder - for example:
touch -t datetimehere

Cheers!

- Ben (Bitbucket Cloud Support)

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events