Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bitbucket Pipeline, Google App Engine, pyodbc

Daniel Mossie December 16, 2020

Hey there,

I am attempting to deploy my software from a cloud bitbucket repository to Google App Engine using the google-app-engine-deploy bitbucket pipeline [1].

My application is written in python, and now requires the pyodbc pip library in order to connect to a SQL Server. In order to get this pip package to install, you first must install unixodbc-dev with `apt-get -y install unixodbc-dev`, otherwise you get a missing dependency error.

I am currently getting this missing dependency error in my pipeline, I believe this is because the google-app-engine-deploy pipeline [1] does not include this library.

Is there a workaround I can use to deploy my application? Or would it be possible for the pipeline to install this package, to allow me to install all of my requirements.txt?

Screenshots:

My pipeline step that is failing:

screenshot-bitbucket.org-2020.12.16-12_41_48.png

The error in the step:

screenshot-bitbucket.org-2020.12.16-12_41_14.png

Thank you,
Daniel

[1]https://bitbucket.org/atlassian/google-app-engine-deploy/src/master/

1 answer

0 votes
Halyna Berezovska
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 23, 2020

@Daniel Mossie what image do you use for this step (or for all steps)? python:3.8? I mean, not in google-app-engine (however I will check it out)

It says that there is no sql installed (fully or properly).

Halyna Berezovska
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 23, 2020

Can you share also with us requirements in your lib in setup.py?

Specifically, pyodbc, what version is it?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events