Bitbucket Newsfeed, how to show committers' names instead of pusher name?

Anton Lopatin March 4, 2013

I'm working with software in a science project that involves ~20 developers and 98 software modules on 2 different CVS servers. To advertise git I set up read-only mirror repositories on bitbucket, using 'git-cvsimport {module}' followed by a 'git push --mirror git@bitbucket.org:team/{module}'.

Quite a while ago (earlier than 2/21/13) the format for the Newsfeed on Bitbucket (both Dashboard and Feed) was:

• Bob committed 02343490abc to {module}:
    • some log message
  • Charlie committed 309dfer2342 to {module}
    • some log message

Now it seems to have changed (around 2/21/13) to the format:

• Alice pushed 2 commits to {module}:
    • 02343490abc - some log message
    • 309dfer2342 - some other log message

In this case, it is no longer obvious that Alice did not author the commits (Bob and Charlie). Or in my case, that I did not author the commits of all my 20 colleagues commiting to CVS.

Why did the format change? Is there some information on that subject (blog post, wiki entry, feature request ect.)? Is there some alternative to recreate the earlier format, or to create a custom newsfeed?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
evzijst
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 4, 2013

We switched to the push-style events deliberately and I'm not sure we would be able to fit author information in the current layout.

Extensive information about each commit can be viewed at the /commits page, while the newsfeed event is really meant to just let you know that someone pushed (something we failed to properly report prior to this change).

There is an issue in our issue tracker about it: https://bitbucket.org/site/master/issue/6517/the-overview-page-for-our-repo-now-lists

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events