Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bitbucket Multiple teams under one account

Rakesh Kande March 1, 2018

how does the billing work if i have Multiple teams under one account . do i have to add billing details at team level or at account level?

2 answers

1 vote
Jawad June 4, 2019

I had the exact same confusion. I am recently migrating a project's code-base from Perforce BitBucket cloud (bitbucket.org). To me, even the above answer is confusing and does not clearly address the question.

Through several hours of R&D, what I have understood is that the concept of a "team" is the same as a "workspace" (i.e. a workspace IS a team). And there is a one to one relationship between a license and a team. This means that whenever you create a team, you need to purchase a new license for it (if you want more features than what the free license allows).

An "account" however refers to globally unique Atlassian cloud account, which can belong to an individual or a company and is identified by an email for uniqueness.

So to summarize, a person having credentials for an "account" can create one or more "teams", but for each team, the non-free licenses will need to be purchased separately.

0 votes
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 2, 2018

Hi Rakesh! Team accounts are separate from individual accounts, you can not have teams under one account. You can have different groups, however, under an individual account, and in that  case the total of the users will be billed against that individual Bitbucket account.

For more information, I recommend you reading:

Let us know if you have any questions!

Best regards,

Ana

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events