Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bitbucket LFS Permission denied (SSH command)

Mex86 November 13, 2017

Hi everyone,

I have a bash script that run commands on a windows machine (lets call it machine A) to pull a repository on bitbucket (using git) and then run specific programs to work on the pulled content.

I have also a ubuntu machine running Jenkins. On a build step I use the "Publish Over SSH" plugin to run the bash script on the machine A.

Everything goes fine all the times unless git has to pull a commit containing a large file and its fails with this error :

Downloading test x_map.fbx (31 MB) Error downloading object: x_map.fbx (63b3f85): Smudge error: Error downloading x_map.fb x (hash): batch request: git@bitbucket.org: Permission denied (publickey).: exit status 255

The problem is that the LFS part of git doesn't use the SSH key even though I did set the core.sshCommand in git config to use a key for all the ssh commands.

So when I do this : ssh git@bitbucket.org git-lfs-authenticate "reopsitory" downlaod its fails with this message : git@bitbucket.org: Permission denied (publickey)

But it works fine when I run it with the ssh key option : ssh -i "ssh-key-path" git@bitbucket.org git-lfs-authenticate "reopsitory" downlaod

So I was wondering if there was any solution to kind of overload all the LFS ssh commands to use a specific ssh key like the core.sshCommand in git config.

I m hardly stuck on this so I hope you guys have a miraculous solution! Thanks in advance for your help.

EDIT :
adding prior to the git pull command :
eval $(ssh-agent -s)
ssh-add "key-path" makes this command work : [  ssh git@bitbucket.org git-lfs-authenticate "reopsitory" downlaod ] but the git pull still fails with the same error

2 answers

3 votes
Deleted user September 18, 2018

I've been running into the same problem on my Windows VM. Running the commands through Git Bash (rather than PowerShell) seemed to fix them problem (after running 'eval $(ssh-agent -s)')

0 votes
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 15, 2017

Hi Ridha! The git pull command failing can be related to a ton of things but, looking at the information you provide it seems that maybe the git remote -v is not pointing to the right place.

Also, could you let us know if the environment that you're using to pull LFS is the same you're using to push?

Best regards,

Ana

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events