Bitbucket Export using curl in Windows

Levi Park September 22, 2022

Hi,

I am working on the document below.

Exporting | Bitbucket Data Center and Server 8.4 | Atlassian Documentation

Since I am in a Windows environment, I am trying to execute the following curl statement after installing curl and jq, but it fails.

curl -u admin -s -n -X POST -H 'Content-type: application/json' -d '{"repositoriesRequest":{"includes":[{"projectKey":"*","slug":"*"}]}}' http://localhost:7990/rest/api/1.0/migration/exports/preview | jq .

I changed it to double quotation marks and the inner double quotation marks should be wrapped with \, so I changed it as below, but it still fails.

curl -u admin -s -n -X POST -H "Content-type: application/json" -d "{\"repositoriesRequest\":{\"includes\":[{\"projectKey\":\"*\",\"slug\":\"*\"}]}}" http://locahost:7990/rest/api/1.0/migration/exports/preview | jq .

Does anyone know how to do it?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Christian Glockner
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 22, 2022

Hi Levi,

the command won't work like that because it's trying to redirect output to jq using the Linux pipe syntax. If you drop | jq . from these commands it should work.

Cheers,

Christian

Premier Support Engineer

Atlassian

Levi Park September 22, 2022

Hi Christian,

Thank you for the reply.

Unfortunately, another problem has.
There is an error that the account clearly has admini permission but cannot be accessed.

{"errors":[{"context":null,"message":"You are not permitted to access this resource","exceptionName":"com.atlassian.bitbucket.AuthorisationException"}]}

What did I miss here? It is questionable whether it is possible in a Windows environment.

Christian Glockner
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 23, 2022

Hi Levi,

I suppose you're trying to export from a Windows-based Bitbucket Server (not Data Center) instance? That should definitely work. Are you sure you are using a System Administrator account for this?

Cheers,

Christian

Premier Support Engineer

Atlassian

Levi Park September 23, 2022

Yes.

Bitbucket v7.8.0 / server 50 Users: Commercial License.

And 'admin' is bitbucket admin account. It login well from bitbucket instance.

Additionally, the reason why I need this is to migrate Bitbucket to another instance.(need pull request and comment history, etc)

Thank you

Levi Park September 26, 2022

The -n option was the cause. The parameter is removed, so it works fine.

It was fine in a Linux environment, but it won't work in Windows if you have that parameter.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events