Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bitbucket Code Search EXACT method call

Chris Reece June 23, 2017

We are currently using this beta feature in our repos. However, I can't search for a method exactly like foo('a',b,c). I believe this is due to the stripping of all special characters in the search query that the doc states. However, this isn't very useful if I get every instance of foo but not the params with it. Is there a way to do this that I am not seeing? 

Thanks!

10 answers

6 votes
DireLogomachist August 14, 2019

Still a problem 2 years later. Bitbucket's search is useless due to character stripping. Who approved this?

3 votes
kjetil January 16, 2019

Same problem here. Without the ability to search for an exact phrase, the search tool becomes more or less useless, IMHO.

3 votes
Neil Gatenby December 1, 2017

Same problem for me.  Seems your understanding is correct and there's no way around it :(

2 votes
Danny Patel October 19, 2020

Same problem, guess no one at BitBucket actually seems to use this functionality otherwise I'd presume they would see the flaw in the search and fix it.

2 votes
Sudhanshu Singh September 25, 2019

use less search in bitbucket. At least they should have given some escape character.

I want to search item-slot but getting 100 pages having itemslot.

2 votes
Sergiu Ionescu April 12, 2019

+1

2 votes
Alex Koffler January 31, 2019

Same problem here.  Why doesn't it allow for exact match search or regex support like confluence?

1 vote
Pavel Teplukhin October 20, 2020
0 votes
Max MacLeod January 10, 2023

Same problems with Data Center and Server 8.7. There’s no exact match or escaping. It translates a quoted string and matches individual words. Thousands of results then need manually eyeballed. Basically, the advanced search is useless. 

0 votes
Pavel Teplukhin October 19, 2020

+1

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events