Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bitbucket Cloud and Jira Cloud Integration

Ben Constable November 8, 2019

Hi,

The company I work for are subscribers of Jira cloud, Bitbucket cloud and Sourcetree. What we are having difficulty with is integrating them all into a cohesive system.

I will first describe the process we currently use Jira cloud for:

• We use Jira cloud for issue tracking .
  • All our products have a project associated with them.
  • Control engineers are Jira members add issues to projects when they arise or are spotted.
  • A new version of software is started by attaching issues to a next release.
  • The software projects are stored locally on Company network in windows explorer is opened and the changes are made locally.
  • When the software is ready it is put back on the network (via windows explorer) for engineers to use and the Jira release is sent out with the release notes via automated release notes widget.

This process works well but we would like to improve it by:

• Using Jira cloud and Bitbucket cloud to be fully responsible for version numbering, revision control and project software storage.
  • Be able to check software in and out on Jira/Bitbucket.
  • Be able to branch of versions of software to create a fully tracked special version

I have managed to link a Bitbucket cloud repository to a product on Jira cloud. But this does not manage the different versions of software released as we would like.

In summary, can we link a project on Jira cloud with a repository on Bitbucket cloud that, when a new version of software is released on Jira, will link to a commit of software on Bitbucket cloud and number the version correctly?   

Thanks for the help,

Ben

1 answer

0 votes
Ben Constable November 25, 2019

Bump - before we cancel our BitBucket subscription.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events