Bitbucket Cloud & PRs - where did all the vital Bitbucket Server goodies go?

Saeven April 11, 2019

Hey!

I sat down with a coffee, ready to review my first PR on Bitbucket Cloud -- what a frustrating experience.

I'm coming from a day to day where I use Bitbucket Server (and love it) - there are so many basic things I can't find.

I had a few questions, hopefully I'm just being daft.

1. In Bitbucket Server, I can add Tasks. It's super convenient. I type a comment, and then highlight it -> Add Task. Poof. The highlighted text is automatically injected as a PR task.

2. In Bitbucket Server, on the principal PR view, I am able to quickly see how many open comments or tasks. Where is this on the Cloud version? Right now, seems I have to scan the whole 4000 line page to find comments left prior; is there no quick way?

3. What happened to clicking "Like" on comments?  Not critical, but it was an easy way to voice support for someone's claim or opinion.

4. Diffs on Bitbucket Cloud seem vastly inferior to Diffs on Bitbucket Server. How can I quickly filter files like I can on the Diff tab on Bitbucket server? That little dropdown above the file list:

- Show diff of (all changes in PR)
- Diff since last review
- Individual commits
- I can also use the little search field to filter files by content.

Is there none of this on the Cloud version?

5. Where is the Blame button in PRs while viewing a file? So that I can see who committed what in a file?  This saves a ton of time when you need to ask someone for original reasoning, etc.

I get it, old dog new tricks -- but it seems like it's a bit more than that.

Thanks for your guidance.

2 answers

1 vote
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 17, 2019

Hi Alex,

Bitbucket Server and Cloud are different products, so the features available on one doesn't necessarily exist on the other.

1 and 2) Bitbucket Cloud also has tasks, but as this is a new feature you need to enable it in Labs (https://bitbucket.org/account/user/<username>/features/ make sure to replace <username> with your actual username)

3) The "Like" button is not available anymore. If you have ideas or suggestions, you can submit them via our Feature request portal.

4) You can see the diff for individual commits, but you can not filter them. As I said before, if there are some features you'd like to have, you're more than welcome to suggest them via our Feature request portal.

5) The "Blame" button was replaced by "Annotate". To find it When you view the file, click the … at the top right and then click “Annotate”

Hope this helps, Alex! If you have any other questions let us know!

Best regards,

Ana

Johan Eckerstrom - {Eficode} April 24, 2019

Hi Ana, 

I cant see that the tasks feature is in place yet, I have enabled the new PR view.

According to this link , tasks are still missing:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/bitbucket/try-the-new-pull-request-experience-in-bitbucket-958455255.html

Do you know when they will be available? 

I find it strange that in branch permission there is a checker for completing all tasks but there is no way of creating tasks.

Best Regards

Johan

Like Saeven likes this
Saeven January 29, 2020

Hi Ana.  Sorry to revive this thread!  I came to see if any progress had been made.

I can't seem to find "Annotate"... Here's my ... view.

Screen Shot 2020-01-29 at 10.22.20 PM.png

Second, where is the "Needs Work" button?  This feature, where you don't decline a PR, but flag it as needing refinement is very important.  In a team lead situation, it was a great indicator on the main view that a PR had been modified after your last review (since needs work, would get reset).

0 votes
Saeven January 29, 2020

I've reported a few issues as Ana invited:

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events