It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Bitbucket Cloud REST API v2.0 - Commenting on Pull Requests

Daniel Horký Jul 18, 2018

Hi,

As Atlassian deprecated REST API v1.0 and will be removing it in the end of the year, how we will post Pull Request comments with API v2.0?

We have custom java app which is posting comments on Bitbucket PRs to notify users on which problems their PR failed.

Thanks,

Daniel

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Sean Conaty Atlassian Team Jul 20, 2018

Hi Daniel,

We just deployed the docs for the remainder of the allowed HTTP methods for the pull request comments. You can see them here:

https://developer.atlassian.com/bitbucket/api/2/reference/search?q=pullrequest+comment

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Daniel Horký Jul 20, 2018

Hi Sean,

Thanks for the update! I was getting quite worried that we won't be able to post comments for the Pull Requests in 2.0.

Glad to have it documented.

Regards,

Daniel

Sean Conaty Atlassian Team Jul 20, 2018

No worries. It's critical functionality. Also, thanks for updating your app to the v2 APIs!

0 votes
Michael Walker Atlassian Team Jul 19, 2018

Hi Daniel,

Bitbucket cloud's API v2.0 has several resources online discussing the changes. One very useful resource is the API documentation itself which has a relatively easy search function built in. If you are looking specifically for Pull Request comments then click here. Hopefully this helps!

Cheers!

Daniel Horký Jul 19, 2018

Hi Michael,

No it doesn't help at all. You can't create comments on PRs with API v2.0. At least as per documentation.

My question is about posting comments on PRs.

Thanks,

Daniel

Michael Walker Atlassian Team Jul 20, 2018

Hi Daniel,

I spoke to our developers about this and it appears they are putting the final tweaks on our documentation for Pull Requests right now. Please keep an eye out for in the coming days as it will be published soon. Sorry for the inconvenience!

Best Regards,

Michael

Daniel Horký Jul 20, 2018

Hi Michael,

Thanks for pushing this forward.

Much appreciated,

Daniel

0 votes
Suresh Sakhare Sep 06, 2018

Hi @Daniel Horký,

I am troubling to set author of the comment. Can you help me?

{

"content": {
"raw": "Comment on PR.
},
"user": {
"username": "suresh2702",
"display_name": "Suresh Sakhare"
"type": "user"
}

}
Jin Wu Oct 17, 2018

hi Sureesh,

have you succeed to commet with author? if succeed, could you share your json? thanks!

Suggest an answer

This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
Community showcase
Published in Bitbucket Pipelines

Building a Bitbucket Pipe as a casual coder

...ipe.sh :  #!/bin/bash source "$(dirname "$0")/common.sh" enable_debug extra_args="" if [[ "${DEBUG}" == "true" ]]; then extra_args="--verbose" fi # mandatory variables R...

1,665 views 1 18
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you