Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bitbucket Cloud API - Remove write access

Guyllaume Cardinal July 28, 2020

I'm trying to setup branch permissions via the API and would like to remove the ability to write to the branch for everyone, aside from a single group of users. However, I can't seem to figure out how to tell the API NOT to give write permissions to "Everyone".

I figured if I simply didn't give a list of users, it would work, but no. This is the call I attempted:

{ "kind": "delete", "branch_match_kind": "branching_model", "branch_type": "release", "pattern": ""}

I also tried the following:

{ "kind": "delete", "branch_match_kind": "branching_model", "branch_type": "release", "pattern": "", "users": [], "groups": []}

Documentation is pretty useless in helping me figure out how to do this.

In summary: how would I remove the ability for users to write to a branch via the API?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Guyllaume Cardinal July 28, 2020

Ok, so it's a pretty confusing behaviour I find, but I have figured out how to set it up. Apparently, if you specify any "kind", with no user or an empty list, it will default to allowing write for everyone.

What you need to do is setup push permissions first with the users and groups you want to be able to write to the repository, or an empty list of users and groups, then you can setup your other permissions.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events