Bitbucket: Checks for merging pull requests - No incomplete tasks

Klaus Foerschl April 11, 2018

Hi.

Even if I checked
https://confluence.atlassian.com/bitbucketserver/checks-for-merging-pull-requests-776640039.html
and
https://blog.bitbucket.org/2016/12/05/protect-your-master-branch-with-merge-checks/

it's still unclear to me, what kind of tasks are meant here.
Is this about Jira tasks, a branch might be derived from? That's something I expected it to be.
But, I don't think so.
So, could anyone explain me what tasks Bitbucket checks here for completion, before allowing a merge?

Thanks

Klaus

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Vivian C
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 11, 2018

Hi Klaus,

In Bitbucket Server, the tasks meant in the merge checks documentation page is the pull request tasks

You can attach one or more tasks to any pull request comment, to track required work identified during a review. Anyone with permission to browse a pull request can create a task on any comment, and can browse, resolve or reopen existing tasks in the pull request. Repository admins and pull request authors can edit and delete any task in the pull request. Reviewers and others can only edit or delete their own tasks. A Bitbucket Server administrator can set a merge check that requires all tasks to be resolved before the pull request can be merged. See Checks for merging pull requests.

If these checks are enabled, Bitbucket will check for the pull request tasks for completion before allowing them to merge.

- Vivian

jredmond
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 11, 2018
0 votes
Zeno June 16, 2021

They're just checkboxes that anyone can tick to resolve, kinda pointless really.

Unlike githubs "change requests" which can only be resolved by the reviewer requesting the change.

0 votes
Klaus Foerschl April 12, 2018

Thanks a lot guys.
That's something I did not recover until now. Your answers are very helpful to me.

-Klaus

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events