cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bitbucket Api limit exceeded

Carmel Halabe
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 21, 2023

Hey, 

So I have this error message Bitbucket Api limit exceeded, and found the article below:

https://support.atlassian.com/bitbucket-cloud/docs/api-request-limits/#How-calls-are-measured. It is good article that explain how the request limit calculated, and I need to know how did I reached the limit.

In the past the developer waited to the next day and it resolved itself, but I would like to know what caused us reaching the limit, how can I get information about the activity that happened specially when you big team working on big project:

Activity / number of calls/ users/ pipeline.... stats or audit summary, abnormal activity? 

1 answer

0 votes
Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 22, 2023

As far as I know, you do not have that insight what and how caused exceeding the limit.

If I were you, I'd track down the problem on the client side (i.e. your side!) by adding extensive logging around the Bitbucket API calls. It would help you identifying how and when generates excessive load, which would be the input to optimize it (== reduce or defer the API calls if possible).

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events